The Bank of New York Mellon is continuing to hire for its wealth management practice across the U.S. and Canada, in cities including Philadelphia, San Francisco and Toronto.
Most are in sales or portfolio management, and most require wealth management experience.
“Our business has had very strong results for the past several quarters and we are building on that momentum,” says Susan Rivers, a marketing and corporate affairs vice president at BNY Mellon, whose wealth management businesss now oversees $171 billion in client assets in its wealth practice, which includes private banking and a multi-family office business.
Last week, we reported that by year end, BNY Mellon planned to double the size of its Chicago wealth management business which it opened in July of last year. Besides that, Rivers tells eFinancialCareers that the firm is seeking all of the following over the next several months:
- At least two sales positions in San Francisco
- At least two sales positions and one portfolio manager in New England
- At least two sales director positions in Philadelphia;
- Two sales directors in Dallas within the next several months, with plans to add private bankers and a portfolio manager within a year
- A sales director and an associate investment counselor in Canada—most likely in Toronto
Beyond that, BNY Mellon plans to add one or more family wealth advisors to its Family Office Services practice serving ultra-high net worth clients by the end of the year.
Solid wealth management experience is required for most of the positions in question, though the associate investment counselor role sought for Canada is more junior that the other spots, says Rivers.
Besides the positions cited above, BNY Mellon has more than 70 open wealth management positions across the U.S., including New York, Los Angeles and Pittsburgh, she says.